What are the password rules?

:partying_face: My Bitwarden log in password is currently saved on my browser, which is easily seen in plain text.

I thought I could memorise the Bitwarden log in password if I change the password to a passphrase…something like ‘correct horse battery staple’.
Can Bitwarden handle passphrases?

It’s perfectly fine to use passphrases. I actually encourage you to do so, as it is easier to remember. Your should never save your master password in your browser (or basically anywhere else). Pick a new password and make sure to memorize it perfectly, however long that takes you. Only then start using it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
I’ve been stressing on how to manage passwords vs passphrases.
This alleviates concern of poor security with the password now off the browser. :smile:

If all else fails I highly recommend enabling 2FA on your Bitwarden account, and you may wish to make a paper copy of your master passphrase and store this somewhere in a safe, safety deposit box, or something similar.

Offline physical copies are exponentially harder to hack and compromise :wink:

2 Likes

I navigate to Bitwarden Version 2.16.2 (1434) > Settings > SECURITY > Two-step login, but it opens a browser page guide how to set up 2FA?
It doesn’t offer how to obtain a QR code to add into my 2FA Authy app?

Hi @kotgc.

The instructions for registering Authy for 2FA are on that page if you scroll down a bit:

You can also find more details here: