- Smart password filter, Bitwarden with minimal calendar
- What will this feature do differently?
It would be interesting to filter passwords by time, if you have a lot of passwords it would be difficult to know which passwords are newer and which passwords are old.
- What benefits will this feature bring?
For example, if you use Bitwarden as a password manager to access your social networks, it would be interesting to know which social networks you access most often to make it easier to find the password on that specific social network.
- There is nothing so unique and valuable, this idea can be amazing to help many users
Hi @dh024 !
- I want you to merge the post Smart password filter, Bitwarden with minimal calendar in Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- This a post(Smart password filter, Bitwarden with minimal calendar) I think that would be better left here: Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- The subject is the same, the only difference is that I created a graphical interface that exemplifies this.
- Discover today that there is a post similar to mine.
- I hadn’t found a reference before about this, about the feature I wanted Bitwarden to have. So I’m asking you to merge the post because I don’t have permission to do so.
- The purpose of my feature is similar to what is discussed in this post: Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- I’m not asking to delete this post, I’m request if it’s possible to merge it into the post: Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- I would be happy with your help ;D
If you can answer, I would appreciate your contact ;D
Fyi, here is a PowerShell option for reviewing recently modified passwords:
bw list items | ConvertFrom-Json | Select-Object -Property Name, RevisionDate | Sort-Object -Property RevisionDate -Descending | Select-Object -First 10
Add option to sort passwords by time added or by something else… So i can actually see what was the oldest thing i added into my password manager and what is the newest… When i go to “My Vault” and Login or anything else… or when i search something and if multiple things show up then give option to select from newest to oldest and opposite… from a-z etc… And also option to go back to “default” or “normal” sorting. This should be added ASAP, i can’t believe how is this not thing yet… This is ruining my productivity by a lot. There is/are 0 reasons not to add something like this… It’s quality of life update imo.
If someone doesn’t agree with me please write detailed explanation and examples why.
Hey @Glass47, you should be able to do this by using the Bitwarden CLI along with a tool called jq with the following command:
bw list items | jq ‘. |= sort_by(.revisionDate)’
Does anyone know for sure if this on the horizon?? I DO hope so soon.
This is way too savvy for me and probably for most people. Can you elaborate?
PS: I am using browser extension and i can’t use desktop.
I recommend that the list of password items be displayed in order of most recently used or commonly used passwords, and avoid frequent searches for commonly used passwords.
Bump! Any news on this from them that know?
Back again and waiting a response from someone in the knowj
List by New
What will this feature do differently?
In the vault there should be an option to list by new
What benefits will this feature bring?
When you the newest additions to the vault will be at the top
Often, when you sign up to a site, they will redirect you to a third party authenticator.
When you finish signing up, and get back to the log in, and cant remember the cryptic name of the 3rd party authenticator, it would be good to list by new, so that the name of the authenticator will be at the top, where you can find it.
This happens to me often, recently:
I sign up for filmstaden here in Sweden, their authenticator was something like connect21.com or some nonsense. When I go to the login page on mobile there are no items in my vault associated with filmstaden…what was the name of the authenticator? contact21…contactb1…I do not remember!
So I must go back to log in, start the sign up process again to find connect21 (or whatever)
I cannot find any
very much +1 as well
The items are not sorted by name, as someone wrote here, they are not sorted at all. The order is determined by their creation or import. The inability to order by name is the only reason that keeps me from moving from Lastpass!
it would be interesting to have a calendar where you could check passwords new or old
Please add sorting especially by Last Used Date. Not having sorting is a major gap in usability.
I agree whole heartedly, again.
Please can we have this facility added asap?
By default, items that appear in the apps are sorted by last used.
As an agency, we have 100s of Instagram accounts (for example), so finding the one we want isn’t easy – even with search.
The ability to order them alphabetically by username would be so very helpful. Whilst we’re at it, giving us sorting options as well as allowing sorting of username, item name etc would be super helpful.