✅ Soft delete items to "trash"

This option would be kind of crucial.
Is this feature request continued and what is the current status ? It seems neglected.

3 Likes

Trash/undelete feature, including organisations, and backup/restore encrypted vault are the 2 things stopping me moving to bitwarden.

Please advise if these are due to be implemented soon.

Thanks

4 Likes

need this too. Up

3 Likes

Anything on this? Any ETA? Does devs progress on this?

3 Likes

I’ve just switched from Lastpass and signed up for premium. I noticed the lack of this feature on day 1 and it is definitely something I’d like to see to protect against irreversible accidents.

3 Likes

I also just switched over from lastpass, and am looking forward to using Bitwarden for not only personal use, but if I think the feature set is right, I will pitch that we move our business from lastpass to Bitwarden. I think for that to happen though, this would be a fantastic feature to have.

2 Likes

@kspearrin @Bitwarden - I think it is really impolite not even to answer on that topic. It is a justified and usual request. Why don’t you update on this topic ? What is the current status ? Are you even considering implementing this feature ?
As some of the thread contributors said, this feature is kinda crucial. And nobody wants to fully restore the docker container or mysql instance just to get one password back, especially when having more than one user/organization on it.

7 Likes

Has there been any word on soft delete to the trash yet?

3 Likes

Please add a trash folder for soft delete.

Pros: everyone makes mistales (especially me).
Cons: BW cloud usage never goes down = cost = make it a premium only service!

3 Likes

Same here. In a team it is really required i think.

3 Likes

I got locked out of an account a while back because I forgot to click save.
The password on the site never updated, so my old password would’ve worked.

Still hoping for this feature!

1 Like

Trash folder feature missing is like this

11 Likes

I am new to Bitwarden and to be honest I find it quite surprising and unsettling that the user interface lets you delete an entry with a single click with no way whatsoever to recover the deleted entry.

For important, sensitive and hard to recover information such as logins the user interface should AT LEAST ask twice for confirmation (e.g. with a text field where you have to enter the word “YES” or something similar) or even better ask for the master password to delete something.

Not even having a recycle bin is a big NO-GO for me.
It’s way too easy to acceidentaly click on the delete button.

Please consider adding a recycle bin feature and a better confirmation when deleting items soon.

4 Likes

Please implement this feature.
This is actually the only thing missing that keeps me from buying a subscription.
Otherwise bitwarden is pretty damn good.

2 Likes

This is the only thing missing that keeps me from buying a subscription.
Please add it, also please add pop-up window where you need type “DELETE”.

The only 4 things that are keeping me away from Bitwarden (I left it after 2 weeks of using) and I stay with KeePass are:

• You cannot sort passwords by criteria like modification date etc. (In almost 2020?)
  • You do not have simple trash bin, so you can recover entries deleted by missclick
  • Each entry stores only few previous passwords, but it does not store login or URL changes and you can’t change the value of maximum allowed history like KeePass can.
  • It does not support SSH agent in Windows like Keepass plugin does (but this one is an advanced feature, so it’s not mandatory like all above)

I these things were done, I would choose Bitwarden as the only password manager.

2 Likes

+1 on this as well. This was one thing that I noticed immediately as I was deleting one of my logins. Even though it doesn’t happen often, I have had instances when using LastPass where I deleted a login by mistake. Luckily it can be retrieved again.

If a recycle bin can be provided where it has an option to auto-purge after xx number of days, that would be great.

This picture is spot on.

I am seriously considering moving off of BitWarden due to lack of this feature. I just feels like I am playing with fire as I have very import information in my vault and I simple misclick could lose me access to unrecoverable accounts (ie, encryption keys, etc).

2 Likes

+1 on this, created an account just to reinforce this feature request.

2 Likes