SLOW android app (7sec+ to open vault)

Hi.

I’m happy Bitwarden user, but after having switched from iPhone to #android, I have experienced a VERY slow user interface.
When I want to fill in a password, Bitwarden is around 7 seconds after verification, to open my vault. I thought it was because of my 1500+ entries, but from a new account with <25 cards, I experienced the same time lack.
I have even tried on several phones, all with similar result.

Do other experience the same frustrating delay?
Can I do anything to optimize the use on an android phone?

Thanks in advance,

Ras

Have you tried a different network (mobile vs WiFi) ?

Yes. Two different LTE-connections, and several different wifi.
Using fast.com, I measure rates at +170Mbps

If you are logged in once , and the vault is not set to logout on timeout , it won’t require you to have an internet connection next time you wanted to unlock the vault.(Note: login requires authentication which will reload vault items from the database but an unlock doesn’t require a 2fa and won’t always update items unless there are changes)
So if you are referring to unlock ,the internet connection speed won’t matter as the decryption would take place on device locally.
7 seconds seems little unusual , i could see 2 or 3 seconds max to unlock the vault in my case with default encryption/iterations settings and around 200 entries.
I generally use biometrics or pin to unlock which almost works the same.
Can’t guess what would be the problem here keeping in mind, that you checked it on multiple devices.
Though this problem seems to occur to a small numbers of android users.
This issue had been previously reported by some users , you can check it here

Also there is a github issue open on this here

I have this problem as well.

A12x on ipad air 3 and SD865 on my phone, Both have comparable performance and yet, The ipados app, Only takes ~1-2 seconds but on my phone it takes 6-7 seconds. Both are connected to the same network.

I have 500 items in the vault and I have PBKDF iterations set to 400k. Reducing PBKDF iteration count to 100k doesn’t help much and it’s still quite slow compared to ios.

1 Like

Same problem since months.
Android 11. While I search for passwords first time a day, it first shows No result for seconds. Then after 5s, something seems to have been updated and I see my password entry.

1 Like

I wonder if there’s been any resolution to this or other ideas to try? I have the same problem as above, takes at least 5, sometimes up to 15 seconds to bring the Bitwarden icon up on my mobile keyboard. Not the end of the world and I’m still a very happy Bitwarden user, but would be great to fix.

I can imagine, this might get better with the new native mobile apps, presumably coming in a few weeks/months… https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitwarden/comments/1b32bbz/going_native_the_future_of_the_bitwarden_mobile/?share_id=8bXQrGpuuXHxb8xiTrlKn&sort=new