Set priorities for auto fill when multiple log ins available

Feature name

Multiple Email Priority

Feature function

I believe Bitwarden currently prioritises auto-fill on an alphabetic order, but would be good if there was a tick box to select your priority account to auto-fill on a website. i.e if you have multiple google accounts (work, personal, etc.) you can set which one will be the default auto-fill.

I know this can be done by disabling the autofill URL detection for the other accounts, but feel this will be easier and quite useful once paired with the already suggested overlay popup interface.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feature request and welcome to the community!

Just so you know, if you’re using the Bitwarden Extension and there are multiple logins with the detected URI, the last-used login will be used for the auto-fill operation. You can read more about how autofill currently works here if you’re interested.

@sj-bitwarden — Not to hi-jack the thread, but congrats on getting hired for the Technical Training Manager position, and welcome to the forum (unless you were previously a member here under a different name)!

2 Likes

Was just about to suggest the same thing. I have two google accounts, one for personal use, and one for GCP cloud console. Most cases I want to use my personal email, but I need to manually copy the password. I would love to be able to give priority with a checkbox.

Why do you need to manually copy the password? If you only have two matching login accounts, then you can easily switch with one is auto-filled, by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+L until you see the username that you want. Alternatively, click the Bitwarden browser extension icon, and then click the account that you want to auto-fill.

By default, auto-fill will start by auto-filling your most recently used account. If you use your personal account more frequently, then this account will be auto-filled by default unless you have just used your GCP account.

Well that’s the thing - while it sort of learns the default, it doesn’t because there is no guarantee of what the first password to be filled would be. There are some sites where this can be difficult, such as Google, where I have quite a few Google accounts in my vault for various reasons and when Google asks me to re-authenticate, often it has your current logged in user account and just asks you to re-verify your password. In that case, I use the shortcut to fill in my credentials but I don’t really get any indication as to which password is being filled in which occasionally leads to an incorrect login.

It would be ideal if I could at least choose an “always first” option or even some sort of priority order for the accounts that match. I would just set all of the other Google accounts disable matching but a number of these are shared between others so I don’t want to disable the filling of passwords where others may want that matching behavior. Not sure if I am missing some other sort of workarounds but I would prefer a consistent 1st password that gets filled in.