Passkeys on iPhone

Hi all. I have been using Bitwarden for about a year now and love it. When everything started supporting Passkeys though, I was using iCloud for storing those.

I’ve just experimented with moving them to Bitwarden and am entirely confused. I signed into Google and NordVPN in my desktop browser (Edge for Windows 11) and Bitwarden prompted me if I wanted to store the Passkeys in it. I said yes. I can see those are sync’d to Bitwarden on my iPhone.

Now, whenever I try and login to a service on my iPhone requiring a Passkey, it doesn’t work. NordVPN shows me the QR code on my phone (useless, since I have no other device to scan the QR code with). And Google doesn’t see a passkey there so tries to create a new one.

What am I missing here? Should I be creating a Passkey for these services by logging in on my phone first, then when I login to any other device (like my desktop browser), I use my phone to scan the QR code? Is that the desired workflow for Passkeys?

Thanks in advance

Passkeys are not supported by the mobile applications yet, see the passkey management FAQs.
You may want to vote for the corresponding feature request!