Optimize fields for Credit Cards

• Please group the CC Number field like usual: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX for better readability.
  • Also add a copy button to the “Name of Cardholder” field, as its common copy/paste it (all apps).
  • Add a copy button for the “valid thru” date
  • A preview icon for common cards like VISA, MasterCard etc. would be nice

thanks a lot.
paradeiser

On your first request, mine display in XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX format, possibly because I put spaces between the blocks of four digits. They go into most websites fine, though not all.

the absence of this function is very annoying, also the absence of a field for a pin code

1 Like

Feature name

Copy button on credit cards’ name field (mobile)

Feature function

• This feature would be as useful as simple. While on mobile device, I had to enter credit card’s information on several online markets. Every field on the credit cards’ form has a copy button (on the right side of the field), allowing to rapidly switch between apps and paste the data, except for the field ‘Name’. If you want to copy that field, you need to enter edit mode (to be able to actually select and copy it).

• This is a minor feature that would make the mobile experience a little better.

1 Like

To add to this, this feature could use existing code which recognises card format/type. For instance, American Express does not use 16 digits and has a different format than Visa and Mastercard. Example code here (not mine): GitHub - muhammed/vue-interactive-paycard: Credit card form with smooth and sweet micro-interactions

• The first digit is different for each card network:
    • Visa cards – Begin with a 4 and have 13 or 16 digits
    • Mastercard cards – Begin with a 5 and has 16 digits
    • American Express cards – Begin with a 3, followed by a 4 or a 7 has 15 digits
    • Discover cards – Begin with a 6 and have 16 digits
    • Diners Club and Carte Blanche cards – Begin with a 3, followed by a 0, 6, or 8 and have 14 digits

Hey,

I believe point number 4 has been addressed already here, Credit card logos for card vault items

I request developers to work on point number 1 as well. It’s a relatively small change and it’ll greatly effect the readability of saved credit card numbers. Right now, It’s one of the more annoying things about bitwarden for me.