Logged in but Vault is Locked

I realize this has probably been asked 100 times before, but my search didn’t turn up anything that would help. I’ve had Bitwarden for several months now, never had one problem with it; I let the vault lock when not used for a while, but have always been able to enter my pin code, or password, and it opens right up. This is on Firefox. Is it possible Firefox has updated and something has changed?
I’m also using Linux, which shouldn’t make any difference. I’m totally at a loss here. I’ve read other posts but can find nothing that really addresses this. I know for certain that my pin code is correct; I have it encrypted and saved in 3 different locations. I’ll keep looking, but I can think of nothing that has changed or any reason that the vault is not opening. I would log out, but I’m afraid my password wouldn’t work if I do.
As stated, I know this has been asked before, but any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi Bill (@WEDlll) - sorry to hear about your issues accessing Bitwarden. I have never heard of a correct PIN not being recognized by Bitwarden - that’s very odd. Sometimes strange things happen if you use a different keyboard layout in the OS, but other than that, I can’t think of any cause for this.

What I suggest is that you attemp to login to the web vault at https://vault.bitwarden.com using your master password. Then, you can verify that you still remember it correctly. Type it out in a text editor (no need to save) and then copy and paste it in to see if it works in the web vault. If so, you should be able to do the same to unlock your browser extension.

Unfortunately, if neither PIN nor password will work, then you have effectively locked yourself out of your vault. Hopefully, you have been following best practice and backed up your vault contents?

Let us know how you make out.