Launch command or application from URI

Hello

Can you add possibility to launch command or application directly from Bitwarden app

like : URL Field Capabilities - KeePass

Capture d'écran 2021-04-14 11.39.35

I also would love that feature. I would use it to directly open a encrypted VeraCrypt volume.

Firstly, thanks a lot everyone for your comments. Sorry, I’m a bit of a newbie and it took me some time to grasp what was being stated from the beginning. I’ll leave this comment here in case someone wants to check back.

As suggested, my app did launch a new window. It found an instance of my app that was already running. And as a result terminated. What I changed? Before this newly launched instance is terminated, I send a new message to the previously running instance of my application. In order to pass the contents of the command line I used named shared memory.

The receiving app just listened to this message. On receiving it, it retrieves the command line from the shared memory and allows me to handle the command line.

Is is possible to execute a shell command via Bitwarden (Linux) Desktop app in any way?

For KeepassX I do have commands like:

cmd://konsole -e ssh 1.1.1.2  -l{username} -i ~/.ssh/bimbom_rsa -o ServerAliveInterval=15

If I double click on this entry in KeepassX, the ssh command will be executed in a terminal.
How can I archive the same thing with Bitwarden?

If it’s not yet possible, it is a heavy needed feature in my opinion.

Are you looking for this ? Bitwarden CLI | Bitwarden Help & Support

Nope.
You click in the GUI of the Desktop-App, and this Desktop-App (Bitwarden) opens a terminal, and execute the given command.

For KeepassX the Command goes right in the “URL”-Field, but has the cmd:// prefix you see above in my post. That’s tell KeepassX, not to use the browser but the comand-line.

@John458 please click at the “vote” butten beside the headline of this thread to upvote this Feature-Request.

Absolute needed Feature!

Because of this missing feature, I have to continue using KeePass in parallel with Bitwarden.