Launch command or application from URI

Hello

Can you add possibility to launch command or application directly from Bitwarden app

like : https://keepass.info/help/base/autourl.html

Capture d'Ă©cran 2021-04-14 11.39.35

1 Like

I also would love that feature. I would use it to directly open a encrypted VeraCrypt volume.

Firstly, thanks a lot everyone for your comments. Sorry, I’m a bit of a newbie and it took me some time to grasp what was being stated from the beginning. I’ll leave this comment here in case someone wants to check back.

As suggested, my app did launch a new window. It found an instance of my app that was already running. And as a result terminated. What I changed? Before this newly launched instance is terminated, I send a new message to the previously running instance of my application. In order to pass the contents of the command line I used named shared memory.

The receiving app just listened to this message. On receiving it, it retrieves the command line from the shared memory and allows me to handle the command line.

Are you looking for this ? Bitwarden CLI | Bitwarden Help & Support

Absolute needed Feature!

Because of this missing feature, I have to continue using KeePass in parallel with Bitwarden.

We would like to migrate 40+ users to bitwarden for our company, but this missing feature holds us off.

We use it a lot to manage and quickly open tons of different, always changing RDP Sessions:
for example: cmd://mstsc.exe /v:192.168.1.1 works like a charm in Keepass but sadly not in Bitwarden.

Yes, this would be a nice feature.

For ex. the second URI works if Anydesk is installed and you paste “anydesk:123456789” into Start > Run. It will connect to that remote PC.

In Bitwarden it’s missing the “Launch” button:

Screenshot 2023-06-23 201326

I’m trialling Bitwarden for my enterprise (long time personal KP user) and I’m super gutted this feature is not available…

1 Like

Please do add this feature - I really love Bitwarden and use it a lot, but this feature would make it a even better. btw. I am a premium member if that makes a difference.

1 Like