Keyboard navigation in desktop application

Is it possible to add simple keyboard navigation in the desktop app.
This could be very similar to for example the keepass desktop applications.

Navigation:

• Right arrow to go from the type/folder-menu to the list, to a specific card.
  • Left arrow to go back from a specific card to the list to the menu.
  • Up and down arrow to go up and down in the list, highlighting an item and showing the related card in the right(card) pane. (The up and down arrow would also of course work in the menu and in the card pane.)

Actions:

• In the list, CTRL + C would copy the password of the highlighted/selected list item.

• in the list, CTRL + B would copy the username of the highlighted/selected list item.

• on a card CTRL + C would copy the selected line/row on the card. This can be anything, from password to a website uri.

• CTRL + F anywhere, would focus the search box. (This is already the case)

1 Like

This is so essential. I was pretty confused, it was not possible to navigate an item list with up/down arrow keys. Please consider adding this.

1 Like

When the focus is on the list of passwords that I have registered in my vault, it would be beneficial if the arrow keys (up and down) could be used to navigate through the list. It would also be greatly helpful if, after finishing writing something in the global search, the down arrow key would focus on this list.

Keyboard navigation is also discussed in the following Feature Request (which is amalgamation of various loosely related requests, some of which have been implemented — to avoid confusion, I recommend voting in Feature Request threads that are more specific, like the present one):

Of interest to those supporting this thread is that community MVP @Quexten has been working on a pull request to implement keyboard navigation, but the PR is currently in draft form, and not yet ready to be merged:

1 Like