How to search by password?

How do I search by password? I am trying to find all logins/sites with an old weak password that I want to change. When I enter the password in the search field, I do not get a list off all the logins with that password.

4 Likes

I do not know of a method to search for a password.
But how about if you go to https://vault.bitwarden.com, then to Tools → Report and use the Weak Passwords Report ?

2 Likes

You could export your vault to a .json or .csv file and then search that.

(Don’t forget to delete the export file when you’re done :grinning:)

4 Likes

To view the passwords you’ve saved, go to passwords .google.com. There, you’ll find a list of accounts with saved passwords. Note:if you use a sync passphrase, pupilpath you won’t be able to see your passwords through this page, but you can see your passwords in Chrome’s settings.

I really doubt that my passwords from inside Bitwarden appear on Google.

1 Like

This only works if you use Google to store & manage your passwords. Since the OP asked about BW, and this is a BW forum, we can assume this will not work.

Again: This will NOT work for BitWarden.

1 Like

If my passwords are on google then I am really doing something wrong or Bitwarden is screwing up really badly! I don’t think you will find passwords on google for anyone who uses Bitwarden.

3 Likes

Just like to bump this thread for a “search-by-password” tool (pretty sure Lastpass has this tool?). I also was notified about a breach, and need to search thru my passwords to figure if I’m still using that old password anywhere.

Thanks…

3 Likes

For those who would like Bitwarden to add the ability to search by password, you should lend your support by voting to this community feature request:

3 Likes