📲 Have you tried out the new Login with Device functionality?

To use this feature

• Be sure to have logged into the web vault at least once with your master password
  • On your mobile device, enable ‘Approve login requests’ and ‘Allow sync on refresh’.
  • Ensure that the account you are trying to authenticate into on the web is also selected on your mobile device.
  • Pull down on your mobile device to refresh if needed.

You can also check out the Forum chat beta here.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

Will this also be available for browser extensions?

1 Like

Hey @9elsen I believe the team is steadily working on bringing these features to additional clients.

As indicated in the current roadmap the first half of 2023 is set to have Passwordless login options as one of the many focuses for the team. I believe this may help to expand this new feature to the browser extension, and possibly more additional options to come.

Very exciting year ahead! :grin:

2 Likes

The risk of using passwordless logins though is, it makes it easier to forget what your master password is at least potentially. I like having to type mine once or more every day, as it reinforces it instinctively (at least, that’s how my brain works). YMMV.

You should have an option to turn off the passwordless

Hey @Bryan2023 you have to enable approvals from the settings menu for it to be enabled. Even when enabled, it only works on devices that are ‘known’, that you have logged into at least once with your master password. More info here: https://bitwarden.com/help/log-in-with-device/

My master password is linked to a story, that is how I will always remember it. I really like the step-up in usability, which makes it easier to onboard less tech-savvy family members, while retaining security.