Full search function on Mobile apps

Weighted Search Results in Bitwarden Android client

• Weighted search results work properly if you are logged into the bitwarden website directly, or using the browser plugin but do not function within the Android application.

Feature function

• Instead of displaying ALL search results weighted results should be shown (as it already does with the browser plugin and website)
  • If the mobile app doesn’t fill something in, lets say your email pw and you go to search for it in the app EVERY SINGLE entry you have stored within bitwarden will appear in the search results. (since your email is associated with every entry you have in bitwarden.
  • websites names that match your search string should show up first, followed by any account that search string shows up in.

For example, lets say I want to login to address www . mailcompany . com and I search for mailcompany , every account I used myemailaddress @ mailcompany .com shows up in the results so they aren’t useful at all in reducing the amount of entries you have to look through to find the correct answer. If that same search is run and proper weighted results would be returned a SITE name matching that search would appear first, followed by any results that the string shows up in, in other various places.

The mobile apps currently perform searches a little differently. I’ve updated the title to reflect this as a general mobile improvement.

I didn’t find a special request for this (though I didn’t look all that hard), but the Android app also has terrible performance, which I think is related to this. It takes a good 3 or 4 seconds to show the list of my ~700 logins, whereas the browser addon is pretty much instant.