Field References (Ability to set different usernames for different websites using the same password)

I would like to jump in here and throw my agreement for the suggestion from @VMX

This has popped up in other places on these forums.

In my case, it’s connected to my post-secondary login. Almost every utility with a dedicated login is passed through to the institute-hosted Azure ActiveDirectory for SSO with the form [email protected] - this is what I have saved in the Vault. However, there is a single hosted application that requires the format jdoe - i.e. strip the domain portion from the login.

This account is still synchronised to the AAD, so it is not a separate entry and will be updated if I change the account password. I don’t want to record it as a separate entry, and get a) warnings about password re-use and b) have it fall out of sync every time I change my password.

I have used a custom field but the “Copy Custom Field Name” function detects the field name from the web page as 'Account' which is … not very unique. Autofill gets confused on other applications in the same domain where the field has the same name but expects the default [email protected] username.

This issue could be resolved by either:

• Having an “Additional Username” field that has an associated URI - this could be a type of Custom Field, where the “Name” is the unique username, and the stored field is the unique URI.
    This would be the easiest to implement technically as it requires a change to the autofill function but not the vault
    OR
  • Adding a whole new “Additional Username” field under the main username item, with the option to add multiple URIs to each additional username.
    This would be the most user-friendly and more complete solution, but technically more challenging/expensive as it would require a re-work of the Vault.