I have an enterprise licence and encourage our users to use Bitwarden for their personal logins too. But we run into a lot of issues:
- People struggle to remember when to use folders and when to use collections. The My Vault and Add Item views make this worse by showing the Folder field for organisation items.
- People are scared that their personal items are visible to the organisation. They have to take my word on it because nowhere in Bitwarden does it explicitly say this.
- There’s no way to view a list of personal items. My Vault merges personal and organisation items and there’s no way to see who the owner is.
- When the browser extension asks if you want to save a password, it goes directly into personal items without letting the user know or giving them an option to put it into the organisation.
My suggestions are:
- Merge folders and collections OR add folders to organisations.
- Explicitly state ownership and access rights when viewing an item.
- Have My Vault only show personal items - the user can click on the organisation to see its items OR make a dummy organisation for the user.
- When the browser extensions asks if you want to save a password, it should pop up the Add Item screen so that you can select ownership etc.