'Edit in vault' or 'open in vault' button in browser-app

I’ve been a Bitwarden user for for several years now. I’ve known about the pop-out option @grb pointed out and use that when I know, in advance, that I’ll need to leave the extension popup before saving changes. But all too often I don’t realize I need to copy data from somewhere else until I’m in the middle of editing. As I mindlessly click outside the extension to copy the text, I loose all the edits I’d made to that point (with no “are you sure” confirmation). I consider myself an above average computer user, so I can only imagine how often my grandma’s changes get lost. Or never saved when we simply forgot to hit the save button.

I’d love it if the browser extension had an option to toggle “edit/add in tab”, for those of us who don’t always realize in advance that we’ll need to copy data from elsewhere before we start editing an item to use the popout feature, such as my grandma and myself. With this option set, the edit (and add) button(s) would take you to the same edit/add screen, but in a browser tab (instead of the popup or a new window) navigating directly to the page that edits (or adds) the vault item.

I noticed as I navigate using the links @cksapp posted (thanks, I didn’t know about those), that it is possible to navigate straight to a vault item (including edit mode) using extension URLs.

Example Extension URLs

• View Item: moz-extension://{{EXTENSIONID}}/popup/index.html#/view-cipher?cipherId={{CIPHERID}}
  • Edit Item: moz-extension://{{EXTENSIONID}}/popup/index.html#/edit-cipher?cipherId={{CIPHERID}}
  • Add Item: moz-extension://{{EXTENSIONID}}/popup/index.html#/add-cipher
  • Advanced Add Item: moz-extension://{{EXTENSIONID}}/popup/index.html#/add-cipher?name=community.bitwarden.com&uri=https:%2F%2Fcommunity.bitwarden.com

Alternatively, if there is a way to persist the extension popup, that’d prevent the data loss that concerns me most. The Eno from Capital One extension persists an open state (on the original tab) until you close it or click the extension icon.

I just created a Feature Request for that.