Duplicate removal tool/report (including merge)

+100. definitely a necessary tool

I was just thinking of this feature and found this post - I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this would be useful! In addition to the duplicate entry/password tool, perhaps it could also automatically merge duplicates (if they contain any different info) similar to the feature in Google contacts.

1 Like

Is this feature request abandoned?
+1. Definitely worth this feature. I also have many duplicate entries which is very annoying.

1 Like

Are there any updates on this?

Hi @nicofirst1 - welcome! This is on our radar but isn’t scheduled for any near-term evaluation/development currently.

1 Like

+1 - Request that this not only be a removal tool, but be intelligent enough to suggest merges for common entries. The ability to define our own dupe/common rules might also be useful.

This seems like an ideal case for a plugin. Plans for a plugin interface?

3 Likes

No official plugin APIs at the moment, but leveraging the CLI application, you could encapsulate it and add these sorts of functions for sure.

Hi,
I just used this script, it’s not mine, so thanks to its creator…
# dedup.py

Bitwarden Duplicate Entries Remover Tuto

but I don’t know if the result is correct since I have a very high number of entries.
It appears that in the “bit_out” file I don’t see any more duplicate entries.
Have you ever tried it? What do you think?

8 Likes

+1

2019 i need this tool, but for now i used lastpass, waiting for this feature

Bump. This is still a desired request.

1 Like

Let it happen, please!

Dev please hear us, we need this so much

1 Like

Still No update! feeling like we’ve been abandoned. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Not abandoned! We have this captured in our backlog. Remember that Bitwarden has grown a lot very recently, so while some requests are old (2 years seems to be many lifetimes in software :wink: ) - we have not lost sight of them!

abandoned

10 Likes

Yeah! But this feature is very important and crucial!
It’s been 2+ years already would love to see it implemented soon!

6 Likes

Yep. Same here! Voting this up.

2 Likes

I too vote to have this feature added. I am a newbe coming from 1Password and before that others and also the auto save features on browsers create a real mess when consolidating all in on new app.
So I think this feature is near essential for security and sanity reasons.

One other feature that is missing and I will try to find an existing post and chime in there is the ability to turn on bitwarden on your computer, then not have to do it over and over again each time to open your browser. The browser apps need their own log in when they are on devices other than your main computer, like TVs, phones, or other devices. When on your computer the browser app should first look for an unlocked computer bitwarden before asking to unlock the same app on the browser. Please eliminate this redundancy and you will make all your users very happy.

Other than those two features, this app really seems to rock!!! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Adding my voice here. This is definitely a feature that would make my life easier. Dupes are easy to come by and clunky to be rid of. A bulk dupe deleter would be amazing. Even something as UI simple as listing all domains that have multiple logins, and let you tap on the one(s) you want to keep (Sorta like how SD Maid handles dupes).

2 Likes

Also would be nice to have this feature to clean up the vault especially after importing from a browser/other app.

1 Like

Simply +1 on this request!