Directly fill-in a generated password in the password field instead of opening the password generator window

app:all

Hello, for my first request I’d like to suggest this :

About the password generator. When you add an entry and click on “generate password”, make it so it doesn’t automatically open the password generator window (or add it as an option maybe). Instead, directly fill-in the newly generated password in the password field.

Like this, you’d spare one intermediary window as well as another click, but most importantly the password wouldn’t be displayed in plain text as it is right now when you generate a password. Maybe set up a system that lets you acknowledge that a new password has been shuffled each time you click on the button, because if it’s masked you have no way to see it…

And for the entries where you need to tweak the generator, why not add another button right next to the “generate password” button, to open the PG window and make your adjustments.

With this system naturally, the generated passwords would be in the latest form factor used in the PG window, as it is the case right now in Bitwarden.

TL;DR : when you click on “generate password” when creating an entry, make it that it directly fills in a password in the field instead of having the password generator window opening. Convenience-wise (you don’t have to click another time) + security-wise (the password never shows in plain text)

+1

I moved over from lastpass and they had this.