Default usernames

Hey @michecinski @levkach, just wanted to check-in on progress and to see if there is still active development on this one, or if you have any questions for the team!

1 Like

I would love to see this feature!

1 Like

This feature will be great!

1 Like

As @michecinski and @levkach have not replied, can the Bitwarden team prioritize this feature on the roadmap? We have relied on Bitwarden for years and this simple feature is long overdue.

If I missed it on the roadmap, my apologies.

Thank you!

3 Likes

I totally agree. It’s such a crucial feature.

2 Likes

I just noticed in the iOS mobile app that when adding a new login, there is a generator feature now available for the username field. There are a few configurations for which the default is generated.

More info:

1 Like

+1 on this comment

+1 please implement this

1 Like

Is there anything new here when this feature comes?

I am eagerly awaiting it! :star_struck:

1 Like

Please implement this!

1 Like

Please implement. Hate having to manually type in my long email address all the time

2 Likes

Why is this still missing?

1 Like

Nobody knows.
@bw-admin ?

Please implement - I’d love this feature! I hate typing in my email address all the time.

Since more than 90% of the times it’s the same email, I wouldn’t even mind if it auto populated my default email. If the username is different, erasing that would be easy.

1 Like

If you use MacOS & iPhone use the text replacement feature to enter your email quickly until the feature arrives.

Been looking for this feature for a while. Any news about when this is getting implemented?

Just another vote for this feature.

@stucco Welcome to the forum!

Feature requests can be found (or created) in the Feature Requests section of the forum.

The feature request you are looking for is here: