Custom fields: Trying to select an item from a drop-down menu

Has anyone figured out of how to select an item from a drop-down menu on a log-in page? Adding the custom field with the ID sap-language-dropdown does open this menu for a tiny moment. However, the desired item German DE is not selected.

The values I have already tried are: D, d, DE, de, De, G, g, GERMAN, german, German

On a side note:
Bitwarden works great to fill in the forms with standard yadda yadda within SAP if you (have to) use the web-version.

You can usually just check out the list in the code (like this example for a state) and add a custom field - in this case the field name would be ā€˜stateā€™ and the value for the field would be the 2-letter state abbreviation.

Dropdown_Custom_Field

1 Like

Thank you Trey. This really would have been nice. Unfortunately it looks like this:

Use Inspect Element. Right click and select on the box and inspect it.
These names are searched for using the following criteria:

• HTML form elementā€™s id attribute
  • then the HTML form elementā€™s name attribute
  • then the HTML form elementā€™s corresponding label value
  • then the HTML form elementā€™s aria-label attribute
  • then the HTML form elementā€™s placeholder attribute

If one of these matches is found, Bitwarden will auto-fill the custom fieldā€™s value for you.

Can you give the link of the website?

Sorry, but no I cannot. This is from the company I work for. I however already have provided the code that is related to that drop-down menu.
But searching for sap-language-dropdown does provide some ā€œsamplesā€ from other companiesā€¦

Already had tried before:

• ID: sap-language-dropdown-r / sap-language-dropdown / sap-language-dropdown-btn
  • name: sap-language-dropdown (identical to ID)
  • label: -
  • aria-label: SL1-key-5
  • placeholder: -

Using sap-language-dropdown does open the menu for a tiny moment, but does not change anything.

@tgreer a little help please?

I donā€™t have any additional ideas just yet.

1 Like

It looks like that particular dropdown is handled with another script/etc. on the page, and not a pre-built list, so it just may not be possible unless youā€™re able to somehow get the name of the object that is being filled and set the dropdown value to that (sorry if I am missing something else here).

It would be nice (and not very difficult I think) to automate the process of collecting all the form fieldsā€™ names and their values in one go, and save that into the vault as a login or identity. Similar to what LastPass does with its ā€œsave all enteredā€ feature.

Itā€™s actually a feature request for BW but has unfortunately not been upvoted much. Would be a blessing for less technical users and for long formsā€¦ Please vote for it here:

Custom Fields and automatic fields parsing (save all entered data)