Bitwarden Docker on Win10 nginx container continually restarting

I’ve been trying to get Bitwarden docker to install for some time now. I’ve tried two different PCs/docker environments so far. I have found that the nginx container will continually restart once per minute on avg. I also noticed that on the host in C:\Bitwarden\ssl is empty? I chose to use Let’s Encrypt during install. I have also confirmed that the domain name was set up as well. I think it has something to do with the process to get the certificates. (I can only find the dhparam.perm file - not the other files like fullchain.pem, privkey.pem, fullchain.pem anywhere on the C:\BitWarden\ on the host. I was wondering if I was missing something here?

I have exactly the same issue. No cert in \bwdata\letsencrypt\live<my domain> location, only “dhparam.pem”. How to fix it ? is it a bug ?

Hello @TechPoetry, @Bitterman,
It is difficult do know the exact issue without seeing any configuration. From what I understand your certbot is not working, thats why you don’t have any tls certificates. Self hosted bitwarden will not auto update the certificates every 60 days.

You can use docker-compose logs -f to see logs live. Are there any logs when the certbot has been executed?

Maybe my repo could help you a little (check 0.1.0). That works until today flawlessly :slight_smile:. It has a reverse proxy in front though (as I use it with other services together).

https://github.com/Pulsar/bitwarden-compose-example/releases/tag/0.1.0

Thanks for very quick response !

docker-compose logs -f produced long log, but none of them from certbot:

Attaching to bitwarden-nginx, bitwarden-admin, bitwarden-mssql, bitwarden-web, bitwarden-notifications, bitwarden-identity, bitwarden-api, bitwarden-attachments, bitwarden-events, bitwarden-icons

in these logs there is nothing interesting (pity I cannot attach txt log here), only already reported:

cannot load certificate “/etc/letsencrypt/live//fullchain.pem”: BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen(’/etc/letsencrypt/live//fullchain.pem’,‘r’) error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)

I also spotted:
bitwarden-admin | info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.DefaultAuthorizationService[2]
bitwarden-admin | Authorization failed.

but I dont think its related.

do you have any magic commands that would help me to dig deeper into “certbot” troubleshooting ? Because each BitWarden starts contains these messages:

latest: Pulling from certbot/certbot
Digest: sha256:7da47ef03c97c0673f16483b433bc93e8efdaa372c32790e14c674fd584add17
docker.io/certbot/certbot:latest
Saving debug log to /etc/letsencrypt/logs/letsencrypt.log

No renewals were attempted.

letsencrypt.log itself doesnt contain any disturbing message (its actually only few lines long):
2020-08-12 15:43:21,751:DEBUG:certbot._internal.renewal:no renewal failures