Bitwarden browser extension not saving log ins

One of the reasons why I switched away from LastPass was it’s auto-saving passwords was not perfect and the 20% of time it failed seem to overshadow the 80% success rate.

The Bitwarden-way is more straightforward and overall more reliable. Going back to the LastPass-way feels like a gamble. I just want to save the password and move on, not fiddle around when LastPass messes up.

I do it the way this video does it and after doing it a few times I find I like it more. It has never failed me and I know for sure the password is saved. Everyone coming from LastPass must understand you spent a long time doing it the LastPass-way but give the Bitwarden-way a chance and who knows you might like it?

3 Likes

Sadly same problem here.
Windows 10 1809 (Build 17763.1637)
Mozilla Firefox Nightly 88.0a1 (2021-02-23) (64-bit)
Google Chrome 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge 88.0.705.74 (Official build) (64-bit)

2 Likes

@Nehemoth Welcome to the Bitwarden Community!
Unfortunately, you are not the only one facing these issues. If you want, you can report the websites where you do not see any prompt to save new logins to Bitwarden by filling this form: Report failure of prompt to save credentials

Hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Nat thank you. Report submitted. I’m available for testing

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue of the auto-save feature not working, but seemingly slightly different problem. On macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and Safari Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.4), when I use the keychain autofill on a website, I will get a quick moment where the Bitwarden extension asks if I would like to save the password, then it disappears as soon as it goes to the next page. I am trying to transfer all of my passwords to Bitwarden from Keychain, but since I can’t export a file from Keychain, the easiest way to do this is use keychain to fill in the password, then select for BW to save it, and the option goes away before I can select to save.

@Nat Likewise, thanks for the info on reporting. I also submitted a report.

1 Like

I’ve the same problem with Opera via Windows. I hope their fix this bug. It’s a great feature

I fixed this problem: Go to settings → Options → Enable “Disable Add Login Notification” and then Disable again. I hope this will help :smile:

5 Likes

Same here (Windows 10 + Chrome). Doesn’t ask to save any password :frowning:

Same here windows 10 using Firefox… come back Lastpass ( not really I will not pay for Lastpass)

This worked for me - using Firefox! Thanks!

Just did that will get back at you if I find any problems. So far let’s see. Thanks anyways.

When I created an account for this site, it didn’t even prompt here.

1 Like

This worked for me - using Google Chrome Thanks!

Thank you! I was worried this was just sloppy design. Looks like some kind of bug instead. This is a critical thing for a password manager to get right. If it’s missing adding passwords it can’t be trusted.

1 Like

Oh yes, issue avoided, but its workaround, we ( me included ) need a proper fix
@makemo1412 macOS BigSur + Safari here; your way gives no luck…

same here. Doesn’t ask for update the changed password nor save new logins

1 Like

This worked for me, MacOS Mojave - Firefox 87.0

Having this problem on 3 different Macs, macOS 11.3.1, Bitwarden 1.49.1, Chrome 90.0.4430.93, also tested on Firefox 88.0.1

Tried the “turn it off and turn it back on” thing but that didn’t work…

What’s the latest on this? Is this a bug? Was about to roll this out to a large group (Enterprise) but am pausing due to this since this is a pretty major workflow issue.

2 Likes

Having same issue as everyone else, which is an issue that makes Bitwarden virtually worthless. Isn’t this one of the primary things that a password manager has to do? How is this even an issue? I was hoping that the problem was on my end but this list is LONG.

1 Like