Bitwarden browser extension not saving log ins

I’ve found with over half of the sites I log into for the first time, Bitwarden is not auto-saving the login information. This is particularly annoying when I’ve used a Bitwarden generated password, so do not remember the password at all. Chrome, Brave, and Firefox will all ask if I want to save the username and password, but Bitwarden won’t.

I can confirm this. Same for creditcard info, … Bitwarden needs to improve it. What I do now, is I generate the password first in bitwarden while registering (add login in browser extension), copy the password while it’s generating and save it. Although I believe it will auto-fillin the password afterwards, but a copy-paste makes me feel more certain …

The same problem happens to me on Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I migrated from a paid security system (LastPass) and am willing to support Bitwarden but at this point it’s not functioning up to par.

Could you guys please also complement which OS you’re using? I’m having the same issues with the Safari browser plug-in running on MacOS 10.14 and 10.15.

I’ve already contacted the Bitwarden support team regarding this problem but they deny that this is a common issue that also affects other users. I’d suggest that you drop them a line directly and let them know it also affects other users as well.

Just to make sure: Bitwarden is not showing you a prompt to save new login credentials to the vault?

Blockquote Bitwarden is not showing you a prompt to save new login credentials to the vault

Yep, that’s exactly what is happening, the prompt to save the login doesn’t show up.

As for OS I’m running it both on Windows 10 and MacOS 10.14.6
The Browsers I use with bitwarden are firefox, Brave and Chrome, and I have the issue across all of them