Bitwarden Android Beta does not provide autofill

Are there plans to bring accessibility auto-fill to the new apps? There are a few cases for me where it works and keyboard auto-fill does not and currently I’m having to use the stable app for those cases.

Hi all! We have a new version out on Android with some fixes for Autofill. It would be great if you could take a look and let us know if this update (2024.7.3 (18938)) improves your specific use-case.

@Snuupy and @airmenraid it would be great if you could provide specific details about your use case when it comes to accessibility autofill.
What android version are you on?
What app or website are you trying to autofill where the production app succeeds and the beta app fails?

And, again, if anybody is willing to install a version of the beta app with more logging enabled, please reach out to me for instructions. Thanks all!

2 Likes

I confirm that it resolved my issue

1 Like

Hi @Micah_Edelblut, I downloaded the latest version on GitHub since gplay didn’t release the update yet

For U.S. Bank’s mobile app, autofill does show up and it works as expected.

For TD Bank N.A., autofill does not show up. Same with TD Canada Trust.

CapitalOne mobile app, autofill still does not show up.

I would be happy to provide logs if you would like. The existing non-beta app works on all of these. I’m on android 14 on a pixel 6a.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks for these reports! The team was able to recreate the issue with Capital One and get a fix in. Still working on the other examples. I sent you logging instructions, and if you’re able to gather those logs that would be an enormous help.

The previous thread was locked for some reason so I have started a new one (Mod: feel free to unlock that one and move this post there).

As requested by @Micah_Edelblut, I have found an app where autofill does not work with the Android beta, and I have to resort to the accessibility service of the stable app to fill my login details.

Device and app information

Device: Google Pixel 7 Pro
Android version: 14
Bitwarden beta version: 2024.7.3 (18938)
App: MoneySavingExpert
App version: 1.28.2

Curious as to what the culprit is where it worked on production apps but not beta? Is it the type of coding the websites use? And are there that many variations?

The Brave Browser is also not working for me. Chrome and Vanadium work just fine for most websites.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.