Auto login

I just moved over from Dashlane to Bitwarden and there is one feature I do miss.

With Dashlane I was able to just open a website and the browser extension would auto fill the login credentials and login automaticaly.

I know it is possible with bitwarden to enable auto fill (however quite often the login isn’t recognised), but it would be nice to actually login automaticaly aswell.

Hi @Maurits and welcome to the community.

The feature you are referring to is called Auto-fill on page load. More info here: Auto-fill Logins in Browser Extensions | Bitwarden Help & Support

For logins not being recognized, please have a look at the URi match detection: Using URIs | Bitwarden Help & Support and possibly Custom Fields if the fields are not filled but the uri matches (indicated by the number on the badge (extension icon): Auto-fill Custom Fields | Bitwarden Help & Support

Kind regards
Daniel

Hi @djsmith85, thank you for your reply.
I already read the info you are referring to about the auto fill logins. I have got everything enabled and when I open a website the credentials are entered automaticaly. However I still have to press the login button manually.
With dashlane this was done as well, so when I go to a website everything is done automatically, and I basically skip the login page and go directly to the account page.
Hope this make any sense to you.

Hi @Maurits, that’s great that everything is working.

Bitwarden, currently does not have the feature(auto-submit), you are mentioning, but here is the feature request: Automatically submit login form on auto-fill

You can upvote it and it will be taken into consideration when planning the roadmap for the upcoming year.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Thank you.
Used the search function, but did not know it is called auto-submit.

1 Like