"An error has occured" on Android app

I’m getting “An error has occured.” message since yesterday. I have no idea why, my web vault and chrome extension (the ones I use the most), both works fine.

• Do you know if you are using the latest version of the Bitwarden app?
  • What step of the process are you seeing the error at?
1 Like

Have you tried logging out and logging in again? And if that doesn’t work, have you tried reinstalling the app? One of those steps often helps. If not, we can try to troubleshoot if you provide more info, as @arun has asked above.

1 Like

I’m using the latest version from google play store.

I open the app, type my email, type my password and click log in.

Yes, I did. The app logged out itself and I tried log in again, the unknown error occured, cleaning the app data from settings, same thing happened. Uninstalled the app and installed again from google play store, still didn’t work.

It sounds like a networking problem, then. Have you tried another network (e.g., cellular, another wifi network, VPN, etc.) to see if it has something to do with your wifi?

welp, It’s weird. I tried in my mom’s phone and It worked fine. Reseted network settings on my phone and It still didn’t work, then I disconnected from my wifi and It worked. Now It’s working again on WiFi (???)

Thank you guys.

1 Like

I have the same error on my Android Go phone. Enter password to Log in and error occurs.
Restarted Bitwarden with same result.
Turned off Wi-fi, successfully logged in but no data.
Logged out, turned wi-fi back on and logged in successfully again and the data was there OK.
Doesnt happen on my PCs just on the phone. Version 2.18.0 (27/04/22) installed.
Anyone any ideas as to the reason for this?
I believe, but am not certain, it started when I updated to 2.18.0

I just ran into this issue too after resetting one of my Android tablets and reinstalling apps from backup. Error occurs after entering email address and password and tapping Login.
Tablet is on Android 8.1.0 and Bitwarden app version is 2.18.0.
No problem on my laptop or my other tablet Android 11 (same app version) - though one difference would be that here, the vault is locked (just wants the master password). I am a bit wary of signing out to see what happens.

I can’t save changes to bitwarden only if I’m on android and using a VPN. :frowning: Does anyone have any ideas? I tried reinstalling bitwarden and restarting my phone.

“An error has occurred. Exception message: The operation was canceled.”

I solved my issue by logging into my account through the browser on my laptop - and disabling the Two-step Login (I use the Google Authenticator).