"An error has occured" on Android app

NVM, I fixed my issue - it was due to my certificate.crt not including the full chain. More details in case it helps others:

Since my ISP blocks port 80 I could not use the LetsEncrypt / HTTP challenge method to generate the SSL certificates. I switched to using acme.sh and a DNS-based challenge method as there was support for my DDNS service (dynu.com).

his worked and created various SSL files that I manually copied into bwdata\ssl\mydomain\ as:

1. Your cert is in: /.acme.sh/mydomain.com/mydomain.cer (originally copied to certifcate.crt - causes the Android app issues above)
  2. Your cert key is in: /.acme.sh/mydomain.com/mydomain.key (copied to private.key)
  3. The intermediate CA cert is in: /.acme.sh/mydomain.com/mydomain/ca.cer (copied to ca.crt)
  4. And the full chain certs is in: /.acme.sh/mydomain.com/mydomain/fullchain.cer (copied to certificate.crt - Android app is now happy!)

In my case only works with VPN

Thanks David, I did the same thing which Leonardo did and it worked for me

Had the same problem for the last few days on my Android phone with all the latest updates. As one user also discovered, Bitwarden doesn’t work properly (that is, nothing can be edited, added or saved) if a VPN is running (I use ExpressVPN). Disconnect the VPN and it works. It shouldn’t behave like that - if you enter the correct master PW or do the fingerprint thing, why should it misbehave?

Hello, this morning I suddenly am having this problem as well. If you tell me the solution is to turn off 2FA or VPN then I’d say you’re an idiot and I’ll start looking for another app.

@frozen constructive feedback is welcome, but please review the community guidelines regarding acceptable behavior.

I personally use Mullvad VPN on all devices and haven’t had any issues, if an IP range is being abused, you can just refresh the connection.

I tried 2 ways. Both worked for me. One was connect to another cellular data. The other one was with a VPN. In both, you connect to your wifi again, and it works.