An alphabetical jumplist

Hi,
I have a lot of items in BW.
So now I can see the utility of having an alpabetical jumplist in all the BW apps (something like Roboform has for example).
Here is an quick example for the windows app.

Why?
-To jump quickly in my items.
-When I change something from the windows app (for example), the list is jumped on top. Not cool if you have something more to change after the previous item.
-No, I don’t want to do a search… I want to see all my items starting with ‘L’ without having to scroll my mouse 30 times. And have the possibility to see after that the ‘M’ or the ‘K’. The search doesn’t allow that.

Any thought?

2 Likes

I think this is one pf the single biggest missing features for usability and navigation, I hope we can get more upvotes and this coded into the platform.

1 Like

Absolutely - and also, in addition to the mobile app ‘jump list’ also the desktop app keyboard ‘jump’ function as described here: Jump to location in list?. I also posted about both in a new thread here: Alphabetical Fast Access In Item Lists (as I hadn’t previously come across this Feature Request thread when I was searching).

There was also a Pull-Request discussion raised a couple of months after @evemene raised this Feature Request: Could I create a PR for an alphabetical scrollbar on the mobile apps? - so assume people have seen the discussion there (interesting in that it gives a feel for the considerations taken for change requests).

Basically I’m just finishing migrating from 1PW, with the intention to sign up to a paid BW plan in the next few days. I’m committing to BW regardless, but there are several very useful and simple pieces of functionality (IMO) that 1PW has had for a while and BW still lacks for some reason - this is one of them. So definitely support this FR (and it should ideally include desktop app ‘alphabetical’ keyboard jump function also, as well as a mobile app jump ‘list’).

There is feature BW already has that I’ve come to rely on, the Search Function. Coming from Roboform, I was used to hunting through a list of alpha items. RF does also have a search function, but it is not prominent like in BW. If you type in a few letters, it pulls up everything related. I don’t know if that might work for you. I found I started using that to find everything, and it does not matter what folder it’s in.

Hi @PL1 - thanks and yes aware of the search function - its very clunky and not as elegant or quick (and doesn’t present the data as tidily) as having the simple ‘jump’ functionality however.

See @evemene’s original reasons above which pretty succinctly cover the weaknesses and clunkiness of using the search function for this:

Why?
-To jump quickly in my items.
-When I change something from the windows app (for example), the list is jumped on top. Not cool if you have something more to change after the previous item.
-No, I don’t want to do a search… I want to see all my items starting with ‘L’ without having to scroll my mouse 30 times. And have the possibility to see after that the ‘M’ or the ‘K’. The search doesn’t allow that.

I migrated from mSecure. In the account list on the right hand side was the alphabet going from numbers to Z top to bottom. This allows you to tap a letter to go to that section of the account list bypassing the search bar. This is a feature I’d like to see here as it’s really the only one I miss from mSecure.