Allow to extend width of popup widget and customize default width

Feature name

• Configurable default width of popup widget with ability to temporary resize manually

Feature function

When we have many passwords, we must describe addition info about record in “Name” field, and as result - the last part of string is cutted by ... in Bitwarden Browser extension popup window, here is screenshot of problem:

To solve this problem will be good to add ability to change width (resize) of widget manually via dragging of bottom-right corner of popup widget.
Also will be good to have configuration of default with of widget in browser extension settings.

Here GitHub - rugk/offline-qr-code: 📱 Browser add-on allowing you to quickly generate a QR code offline with the URL of the open tab or other text! is example of resizable popup widget for WebExtension.

Current width-height is hard-coded here: browser/base.scss at 1fa3e3d68b2c380e8eca991ca3b7d27024665158 · bitwarden/browser · GitHub and in some other places: Search · 375px · GitHub
Will be good to make them, at least, configurable via extension settings.

@bw-admin Pinging you here according to https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/w3zsff/comment/ih24zdy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Hey @Murz, for now if you pop-out the extension by clicking on the icon in the top left, you can adjust the width as needed. Regarding your suggestions, I’ll pass the feedback along to the team :+1:

Yes, but when I pop-out - I’ll lose my current position (eg search phrase and scroll position) :frowning_face:

1 Like

Agreed, lots of my Logins have names that are too wide and I can’t easily tell which is which. My screen is 3440 pixels wide, no reason for the popup to be so narrow!

Would love it if manually resizing the window, the size is saved for next time you use it.