Additional item types (pre-defined)

And the ability to uload a picture of your driving license, ID etc.

3 Likes

Hey folks! Quick survey regarding Item Types and templates:

Survey Link - it’ll be open until next Friday.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback!

4 Likes

Thanks - I could understand the concept but found the Maze site pretty poor - it seemed to ignore most mouse clicks and couldn’t see how to edit the item type. No mention of tags either, just folders :wink:

Hello together,
I would just suggest the option “save everything” in Bitwarden structured.
Again and again you are asked for data or numbers that you guaranteed do not have at hand.
Tax number, health insurance number, social security number…
Birthplace of parents. etc.
Sure, you can store all this in free text, but wouldn’t it make sense to introduce country-specific checklists?

Ideally scans of documents.
This is helpful when dealing with authorities and even more so when you have lost all documents in case of a disaster.
A cell phone is usually with you or an encrypted backup in the Cloud.

exactly what I want too mannnnn. I hope these features gets developed.

So, I want to know if this idea is interesting, folks. In addition to adding more predefined item types, we should add this fields as required by item-type: Set fields as required by item type ?

Sorry, but LOLd at this one:

" * Cloth size

Name, suit, shoe, shirt, pants, inseam, skirt, gloves, waist, neck"

hahahahahahaha ok we’ve gone a little too far here folks.

1 Like

Feature name

Add a new type for Software Licenses in bitwarden vaults

Feature function

I recently switched over from 1Password and I was using much the Software License type. Importing my 1Pwd vault all these types have been converted to secure notes. Please consider implementing a Software License type besides Card, Login, Identity and secure note.
Fields to be available in Software License type:

• software name
  • version
  • license code
  • license Owner (name of the owner)
  • registered email address
  • company
  • download page
  • web site
  • support email address
  • date of purchase

Related topics + references

Feature is already available in 1Password and implementing this in bitwarden would allow to organize vaults in an easier way because licenses are not notes but something different.

6 Likes

I’m literally waiting for this feature to come back to BitWarden

1 Like

Can’t believe this feature is not yet on the road map, want to move from 1password and give you my money, but you are making it very hard to do so!

@bubblecatcher it’s on the Roadmap - there may be some slight delay as we have looked into some extra functionality/flexibility.

Possibly, we are balancing a few large initiatives at the moment.

1 Like

I see that this has been a feature request for quite some time.

I’ve recently switched to Bitwarden’s personal organization from LastPass for Families and I miss more defined notes. Having been a long-time LastPass users, I am stunned that this has not been implemented sooner, it’s been a part of LP for close to a decade. It allows for far better organization.

I also am amazed that one cannot attach a file like a JPG or PNG. While I didn’t expect the photos of my COVID Vaccination card to transfer over when I exported everything from LastPass, I did expect to be able to store it in my Vault.

2 Likes

Hi Michael - I am eagerly awaiting user-defined item types, as well, and thankfully it is currently in development. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait much longer.

Regarding file attachments, you will have to step up from the free Bitwarden account to a Premium account if you want to store file attachments with your notes. Given the small cost, it sounds like you would may wish to consider a subscription. Cheers!

2 Likes

Just a Me Too, but I’m trying out bitwarden as a replacement for 1Password (esp. for sharing with my family); however I just realised that there’s basically only one data type (“Text”): not even dates are supported natively: also, in 1Password I have data grouped in specific sections: eg. for identities I have a section for medical insurance that groups insurance-related data together: this seems completely unsupported in bitwarden: each item has a flat list of Text fields: no structure and no data types. This is unfortunately pretty much a deal-breaker for me: I can’t bring myself to destroy all the information/structure I have stored in 1Password by flattening and converting everything to Text. I see a huge history in this topic discussing a roadmap with custom data types, but no evidence that this feature has an ETA or is even being actively worked on: would someone from the development team mind chiming in and commenting on likely solutions and ETAs at this point? (And on whether group/section structure might also be added as part of the solution)

Thanks!

Mike

1 Like

Me, too. I moved all items (ca 900) from 1Pwd to Bitwarden. It was clear to me that 1Pwd is/was a unique app/tool to storage passwords and other important data. But with v8 (beta) it came to an end, I broke up with 1Pwd.
Yes, it was also clear that no other password app will reach the level of 1Pwd v7.
But for me it was worth to switch to Bitwarden though BW lacks functionality which is standard in 1Pwd e.g. in 1Pwd we find much more predefined items, better handling of items I want to keep but do not use anymore, more vaults, using tags…
I hope that we might get some of those functions in the future - near or far (far) future.
At the moment, after about three weeks of using BW, I still feel ok using it.

So somehow I smell an update in the next days / 1-2 weeks. I don’t belong to the staff, but I think there is something in the pipeline… Credit card logos for card vault items - #9 by tgreer

In Vault Hours 18 (around the 28 minute mark) they discussed new item types. They said they’re planning to expand them to new items and also let people expand existing item types in Q1.

Feature name

• Date of Birth field for Identities

Currently I store my accounts Date of Birth in a custom field but it would be nice if this was included by default

1 Like

Just an FYI for anyone who is interested:

You can go to the Github site to see a list of pull requests if you’d like. Pull requests · bitwarden/browser · GitHub