Add Monero (XMR) support for Premium payments

Feature name

• Monero (XMR) support for premium payments

Feature function

Monero is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that protects both sender and receiver privacy by default for all users. It has a vibrant pro-privacy community and meshes well with a service like Bitwarden. More information about Monero can be found here:

Would it be possible to get Monero added as a supported cryptocurrency? There are lots of good details available here around the benefits for you and your customers, as well as how to integrate Monero:

If you do decide to integrate Monero payments and donations, please don’t hesitate to share in r/Monero/ and on Twitter, tagging the @monero account.

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out to me if you have more questions about the integration or Monero in general.

1 Like

A few specific options for Monero acceptance are:

3 Likes

Also:

4 Likes

This needs to be added as a payment method. It’s the only decent cryptocurrency out there.

3 Likes

Bitcoin is not private, XMR is. Monero is basically digital cash, it has a real use case.

2 Likes

If cryptocurrency becomes a payment method for the premium service, I will become a premium member. Some people will be disappointed if their favorite crypto to spend is not an option. That will be fewer people (and more premium account subscriptions) if both Bitcoin and Monero are supported. I have not researched the architecture, but it seems feasible for the development of a client to include a feature that allows the user to purchase a premium subscription through the client, and that could involve having the creator of the client (or a server somewhere on the internet, or both in combination) receiving the crypto and submitting the payment to Bitwarden Inc on behalf of the subscription buyer.

2 Likes

Yes, Please add it

1 Like

just created an account here for a single purpose to upvote this! please add XMR to payment method, otherwise will switch to another password manager.

1 Like

I agree that Monero would be a great addition, but don’t pretend as if there were another reputable password manager that would support Monero because there aren’t any.