Account access history

From GitHub: https://github.com/bitwarden/core/issues/124

Ability to see when my master password login has been used, which IP address/location, device used it and the ability to kill a logged in sessions.

original requestor here.
If not yet implemented, I consider access auditing fundamental to any system. Unfortunately I can’t even consider this product without the ability to see how and where my account is used and accessed. This is one of those fundamental features that shouldn’t be limited to enterprise users as the comments in the github discussion shows.

I am sensitive to the amount of requests and how development work has to be prioritized (heck, I’m amazed that you all can keep up! Account management and all of the applications is a massive puzzle to undertake.) but I hope this will be taken as a fundamental feature some day.

2 Likes

In the old thread it was mentioned this was implemented in enterprise and coming to premium users. Is there any update to this? Its been a year.

1 Like

Any update on the logging feature? Doesn’t seem like we’re asking for too much here…

4 Likes

I am also eagerly waiting for this feature to come to Premium users!

I think this is a very basic security feature that should have already been implemented.

2 Likes

Can anyone point me to the Milestone or feature branch in Github for this functionality?

I also agree, that account access history is something that, at a minimum, the Web UI should be able to display at the footer of every page. Or optionally, a “recent logins” type page. That lists all logins for X amount of time.

Thanks!

3 Likes

For privacy reasons, it would be good to be able to turn IP logging on and off.

Otherwise, great feature request IMO.

2 Likes

This is definitely a feature I feel is sorely lacking!

I got an email about an unauthorized login on one of my accounts, and started tightening security on that account. After a second unauthorized login attempt on the same account within a short timeframe I started wondering if anything else is compromised as well, like for instance my Bitwarden Vault.

I find that unlikely, but even so it seems like I can’t actually find out if anyone has logged in to my Vault since there’s no login history. I would definitely feel an extra sense of security by being able to see a log of my various logins to the Vault.

You know whats funny about this feature request? They have this feature for the Bit Warden Forums. But not BitWarden itself.

Isnt this the same request as Session management

2 Likes

What about this request and this one?

Both are quite basic and useful.

Bitwarden Community Forums is actually made by Discourse https://www.discourse.org/, a complete open source forum platform. So Bitwarden only like host this platform, the rest are pretty much done by the community.

Bitwarden does send emails to you when a new device logs in. The Ip address and some other info are also provided.