Ability to disable "update this password in bitwarden?" prompts on login for specific vault entries

Feature name

I would like to be able to tell Bitwarden that it should not ask me whether to update the password in Bitwarden for a specific vault entry when it thinks I’ve just logged into the site with a different password than what it has stored.

Feature function

There are two reasons why this change is needed:

1. Some web app developers have stupidly decided that they need to have JavaScript code in their app that modifies the password field of the login form before the form is submitted. Every time the user logs into one of those web apps, Bitwarden thinks the password has been modified since what gets submitted to the server is different from the password that Bitwarden filled in. While it would be nice for Bitwarden to detect the root cause, i.e., JavaScript mucking with the value of the password field before form submission, I don’t think that’s practical, so the next best thing would be for the user to be able to set a flag on the vault entry telling Bitwarden not to prompt when it thinks the password has changed on login.

2. Bitwarden sometimes confuses a web app page that isn’t actually the login page as one, causing the user to be asked whether to save the updated password when the user didn’t actually just log in or enter their site password. If a user is running into this issue frequently they should be able to tell Bitwarden to stop doing that.

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Do you want to update this password in Bitwarden?” missing “never ask again at this site”

A vote has been moved.