Yubikey Security Key NFC or Yubikey 5 NFC

I was looking into getting a Yubikey, but am not sure which one to get. I want one that is supported by iOS, Windows, Chrome Extension, and Web app. I can’t seem to figure out if I can get by with the Security Key or if I will need the Yubikey 5. Can i use the Security Key NFC for all Bitwarden apps?

I have a standard non-NFC Security Key and a Yubikey 5 NFC. The Security Key isn’t compatible with Bitwarden, only YubiKey 4 series, 5 series, and NEO devices are.

After some more clicking around and I’m wrong…

I can add the Security Key via “FIDO U2F Security Key” but there is no option for NFC in that section so I don’t think NFC works for Security Key. But I only have the normal Security Key so I can’t test it. Sorry.

Yubico’s security key can only be added to Bitwarden under a FIDO U2F security key, while a Yubikey 5 can be used as a U2F key as well as configured under the OTP section you can also use if for much more applications. Currently the only ones supported by iOS (not bitwarden) assuming you have an iphone 7 or above are they Yubikey neo and Yubikey 5 NFC (they are working on a yubikey for iphone but only has FIDO 2 capability) but I’m not sure if mobile versions of bitwarden supports any sort of yubikey or other security keys out there… So to answer your question, the Security key is good enough but it will only work on web client and browsers that support U2F while the Yubikey 5 will allow you to program in OTP which allows you to log in on the desktop Bitwarden client with it as well as iOS device if they are compatible (you will need separate app to read NFC tag to get OTP)