What's a _working_ BW user workflow to, i.e. register & store an account for this forum in one shot?

The method described by Kent above is the one I use as well (with minor variations). I find it quite efficient and very robust.

Finding myself on an account registration form, and assuming my Bitwarden browser extension is logged in but locked (most common scenario), I go through the following process:

1. Ctrl+Shift+Y to open the browser extension.
  2. Click :heavy_plus_sign: in the Tab view.
  3. Enter desired username in Bitwarden extension.
  4. Click :arrows_counterclockwise: in password field to access Password Generator.
  5. Make any required adjustments to Password Generator settings, then click “Select” in the upper right corner.
  6. Click “Save”!
  7. Close extension.
  8. Ctrl+Shift+L to autofill the new credentials into the account registration form, then submit the form.

Afterwards, you can re-open the new vault entry if desired to make tweaks such as:

• Change the name of the item.
  • Assign a folder.
  • If you’re using a non-default URL matching method (something more specific than Base Domain), then add URLs for the login page and the password change page.
  • If necessary, add custom fields to solve any autofill issues encountered on the login page.

The process might look complex when written out as 8 distinct steps, but if you give it a try, you will see that it is very efficient and intuitive (once you accept that the process is “backwards” compared to what you may be used to from other password managers).

3 Likes