Vault website icons

I am seeing weird behavior relating to a few vault item website icons. For most of the vault the icons work, except for some items. I have a registered domainname.com. I have reverse proxy going between two different sites to access a NAS. As an example nas.domainname.com and nas.otherlocation.domainname.com. Both of the NAS’ are relatively set up the same. I am able to get a website icon on the URI nas.otherlocation.domainname.com, but not on nas.domainname.com. I have two separate vault entries for each of the above. If I change the nas.domainname.com to nas.otherlocation.domainname.com the icon appears (even as a second now dup. vault entry), but when I revert the uri back the icon goes away. I’ve tried temporarily turning off all firewalls to rule out a firewall issue. In addition, I run a unifi docker container which is at a domain name of xxx.domainname.com, that website icon comes through to the vault, so it’s definitely not firewall related.

What drives website icons? How does the vault pull it? Why would I see a difference between the two sites?

Hi @Gerardv514 , please take a look here for more information about the icon server. Hope this helps!

I think I found the issue. I have two local dns records which point to a local ip in the same network. Once I turned off those dns records, which results in the traffic going out to the public net then back in to the network, the icons generated.

1 Like

Hi, can you please elaborate on what you exactly change?
Did you change /etc/resolv.conf?

Changed the DNS record on the router to point the public domain name to the local self hosted instance.

1 Like

Since the January update I seemed to have lost all vault icons in the iOS app. They work in the web vault as well as google chrome browser extension. In iOS settings I have confirmed the show icons option is enabled.

Can anyone else confirm if their iOS mobile app is experiencing the same?

I resolved this issue as well. It was related to a tls level applied.