Unable to login with bitwarden browser extension

Hi,

I can’t log in to my self-hosted server with the browser extension.

The URL fits, it worked before - login via the URL also works with the data, but not in the Browser Extension.

Browser: Safari 16.2 (18614.3.7.1.5)
Bitwarden.app/ Browser Extension: 2023.1.1

Thanks for tips/ solution.
Greeting, kitehi

Hey there, is your server up to date? There were some depreciated APIs back in Nov.

latest software version: Synology DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3

Was dwbit asking about the BitWarden server version?

found this https://bitwarden.com/help/versioning/#self-hosted-server-version

sorry, i misunderstood. bitwarden runs in docker: bitwardenrs/server:latest

If i try to login to System Administrator Portal example: https://your.domain.com/admin the following message appears “The admin panel is disabled, please configure the ‘ADMIN_TOKEN’ variable to enable it”

unfortunately i have no idea how to activate it

FYI, the software you are running (“BitwardenRS”) is not a Bitwaren product. Also, that software has since been renamed to “Vaultwarden” to avoid trademark infringement issues (although they apparently still coopt Bitwarden branding in their web vault client).

Your best bet is to go to the Vaultwarden community for support:

If you would prefer an alternative self-hosted solution that is an official Bitwarden product, you can check out Bitwarden Unified Beta:

1 Like

On a side note, I was able to get in touch with the devs after it was brought up by staff in the community here.
So this has been mostly updated in the lastest builds of the Vaultwarden web-vault to include their own logo, and tag to better adhere to the Bitwarden Trademark Guidelines.

So hopefully this will help to make it more apparent the distinctions between the two projects and lead to less user confusion in the future. :smiley:

Edit: Updated to add image and further references.

Being that the Vaultwarden server is separate from the web-vault build and the patches that are used, this is kept in a separate repo.
So you may not have been able to find them if you only referenced the main Vaultwarden GitHub.

With the main commit being

It also replaces the main logo and top left icon to indicate it is Vaultwarden.

And the footer text has been change to Vaultwarden (unofficial Bitwarden® server)

This hopefully helps causing less confusion.

and a few subsequent commits

Example

@cksapp Thanks for following up on this. :+1:

I could not find a specific commit in the release notes that referenced the update to the web vault branding (only one that was for revising Vaultwarden’s previously exisiting — but underused — logo). Do you have any pointers to information about what their web vault interface now looks like? :eyes:
[Edit: Thanks for adding the updated info and screenshot to your post!]

I hope so too, but you know what they say about the proof of the pudding… :crossed_fingers: