✅ Touch ID support for macOS

Thank you for the consolidated list, very helpful! I’ll make sure these threads are noted.

2 Likes

I don’t know where to vote for this, but +100 for the touch ID support for macOS and Safari Extension.
Hell, I’d even pay for the premium if you decide to include this in the premium version!

oh yes, touchID on macOS please!

Lastpass removed touchID a while ago but it is was so convenient, especially when you have a strong pw and don’t want to type it for every fill!

hopefully this feature will be added soon, my LP subscription lasts a few more months, i’m switching anyway but still, biometric security support would be a great key selling point!

1 Like

Hi there,

Any news on where we stand on this feature request. I was reading that the developers are getting closer to a resolution. Is there a committed date yet?

This is a big stop for transitioning to bitwarden with the full team.

Thanks!

@alex-ms it’s a high priority for us - looking like somewhere around Q3/Q4 of this year.

5 Likes

I truly hope that is rather Q3 then Q4 with the latter risking to slip into the Q1. Many improvements can still be made to the iOS and MacOS app, but this one is by far at the top of my wish list! On iOS Touch and Face ID is now very basic functionality but actually MacOS TouchID is also there since autumn 2016, almost 4 years…

I definitely understand - but also remember that the Bitwarden team was very, very small until very, very recently :slight_smile:

We’re spooling up to do as much as we can!

8 Likes

Okay, good to hear the team has expanded ! :smiley:
Happy to join any Beta testing!

Thanks! Keep an eye on https://github.com/bitwarden/desktop :vulcan_salute:

hi
please add touch ID support to macOS

+1 for this along with everyone else, fingers crossed for Q3. Cheers to the dev team :+1:

+1 Look forward to have this future to switch from 1Password! Thanks

+1. Also Windows Hello support please! and if there’s anything similar on Linux, that too!

TouchID and every other type of biometric system should be supported. :slight_smile:

I’ve just added my vote. I upgraded to a 2020 MacBook Air yesterday and kind of expected this would already be working after migrating from 1Password to Bitwarden at the beginning of the year. This along with other biometric systems should be a priority, as not having to use a password to access your password manager must make it even more secure.

+1, it can help me.

Looking forward to this!

Available for Desktop apps today!

9 Likes

Just installed the new new version. Is TouchID also planned for the browser plugin?

2 Likes