Toast notification on Ctrl+Shift+L autofill

Feature/Fix name:

• Toast notification on Ctrl+Shift+L autofill

Feature/Fix Description

• When you hit keyboard shortcut for “autofill last used login for current website” , while being on a login page which has just the password input field (for example Gmail, Outlook, Amazon, etc), it’s tough to judge which username’s password was auto-filled (assuming there are multiple credentials for that page). I propose to write code which would show a simple 1 sec toast notification clarifying which username’s password was auto-filled. eg) “Autofilled credentials for username1”.

Clients / Repos Affected:

• Browser extensions

Timeline to completion (estimate):

ETA: within a week. However, having never contributed to Open Source before, this’ll be my first time doing so. I’ve cloned the clients repo & have been looking around but am utterly confused on where to even start. The CSS & Typescript code for the toast notification is ready, I just need guidance from someone on how to go about integrating this with the huge Bitwarden codebase. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the proposal! I’ll review with the team :+1:

Since the desire for this type of feature has come up again in the forum, I thought I would bump this and add a link to another related feature request: