There are no items in your vault for com.android.chrome

Hi, when I try to use bitwarden on chrome on android I always get “There are no items in your vault for com.android.chrome.”

1 Like

You need to add the android url as well:
androidapp://com.android.chrome

1 Like

Are you saying that needs to be added to every login??

If you are visiting the website and the app separately , yes.

Let’s say I use Chrome to visit a website on my phone that does not have its own Android app. Let’s also say that I have a stored login in my vault that, when I visit that same website on my desktop PC, autofills without issue. Shouldn’t it also autofill on Android without me having to add the Chrome URI to the vault entry? For known web browser apps, BitWarden should not require this. It should work just like it works on the desktop. I swear it used to. But of late, not so much.

1 Like

No this is so wrong, chrome should provide the URL if the webpage. If you see “androidapp://com.android.chrome” something went wrong. I have seen this behavior with 1Password too.
In my case a restart of chrome or reboot of the phone helped. Something between chrome and Android’s autofull-api must have be stuck.

I’m a new user of Bitwarden and am experiencing this issue too.

I’ve imported a number of saved Google Chrome passwords using a CSV file. Whenever I visit one of the websites, I get the message “There are no items in your vault for com.android.chrome”. The Bitwarden popup appears so I’m a bit baffled as to what’s going wrong.

I’d love to switch to Bitwarden from Chrome Password Manager but this is a major stumbling block.

The Bitwarden blog post on using the Android Autofill Framework appears to answer this one:

Currently the Autofill Framework only works with native apps on your device. This means that the Autofill Framework cannot detect forms from websites in your web browser. Google has said that they will make the Autofill Framework available in the Chrome mobile browser in a future update. We’ll be sure to support it as soon as it is available.

Unfortunately that makes it pretty much unusable for me at the moment. How can I move from using Chrome’s password manager to Bitwarden when it won’t autofill when I’m browsing on my phone? :confused:

Incidentally, I think it’s a fantastic product and I’ve paid for Premium. I just can’t start using it until this issue is resolved.

That statement can’t be true, as chrome should support it by now on Android 8+ and it does work on a lot of occasions.

I’m stumped then. I can’t get it to work in Chrome on Android at all. Works great on my Windows laptop.

Edit: Turns out to be a known issue with the latest Android version of Google Chrome…

It’s affecting other password managers too, not just Bitwarden. The workaround for now is to use the Autofill Accessibility Service.

I solved by installing mini Opera Mini
Chrome always tries to save this url: androidapp://com.android.chrome
Dolphin always tries to save this url: androidapp://mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser
Opera saves the correct site URL

I’ve started using Firefox, which I didn’t think I’d ever do as I’ve been a staunch Chrome supporter for years! I do remember when Firefox was first released by Mozilla and I used it for a number of years before Chrome came along.

If Google don’t address this issue then I can see myself switching to Firefox on a more permanent basis, on both mobile and desktop.

1 Like

I don’t get it. This bug is really breaking Bitwarden on Android. How can it be open so long?
Why isn’t it annoying others?

It’s very much annoying me! I’m jumping between Chrome and Firefox on Android now as the problem doesn’t exist in Firefox.

I turn on both the new autofill and the older accessibility service style of autofill. The former works in all my apps and the latter works in Chrome (most of the time anyway).

I have the same issue with seeing “com.brave.browser” instead of the website URL. The Accessibility service seems to work for a while, but then it breaks. If I go to the Bitwarden app I see that it is disabled and when I go through to Android setting it says the Bitwarden Accessibility Service is “not working”, so I have to disable it and enable it again. I see this specific issue (accessibility service crashing) as a responsibility of Bitwarden which I would like to see fixed. Support of autofill is needed by browser developers so we can stop using the accessibility service.

Can Bitwarden make the accessibility service more reliable?

1 Like

I see no reason using worlds biggest spy agency browser Chrome. I am a happy non-Google user. If you have questions how to replace ALL Google Apps, I will be happy to help.

so why is Chrome working with 1password and enpass without problems? Why is it only bitwarden?

It’s not, it’s also affecting LastPass.

Any news on this issue? I’d have thought Google would have fixed it by now.