Temporary Master Password

Well its good to see that people are taking their time here to suggest possible ideas to implement this feature :+1:. I really can’t say at this moment whether i would prefer this feature or not.

But one thing i want to bring to the notice of the mods is that the feature requests -“Sign-in using QR code” , “Unlock with yubikey alone” and “Temporary master password” are made with intention of solving the same problem.
These requests primarily are aimed at solving the problem of "people feeling insecure about entering their master password at a public place" which could be a legit problem for people who think are more susceptible to this.
For keeping community more productive and ensuring that users requests and the mods responses don’t go wasted over debating it in 3 separate threads , they should be either merged or cross linked to ensure that their is some real progress and merit to the discussion.
Thanks.
Edit : in short i feel there is one problem and users have suggested 3 different ways of solving it , so it might as well be considered one for reaching a solution quickly.

1 Like