[SOLVED] When I invite a user, or Resend Invitation, dispaly "An error has occurred. An unhandled server error has occurred."

My new free 7 day trial Enterprise Organization,When I invite a user, it dispaly “An error has occurred. An unhandled server error has occurred.” or Resend Invitation, the same error.

Is it a Bitwarden cloud server failure?

у меня такая же ошибка

Google translate: “I have the same error”

Hmmm - you may have a character in the Organization name that is causing the issue.

Try removing any special characters from the Org name, removing the users whose invites failed (if they are listed) and invite them again.

1 Like

No special characters, but all Chinese characters.

And I did the same operation in the previous version, everything is OK.

I will test it tomorrow, ths!

Спасибо. Ввел название английскими буквами и все заработало

1 Like

Google translate: “Thank you. I entered the name in English letters and it worked”

1 Like

Thanks @Peter_H :slight_smile:

@rabkevich_lesha @wcjxixi I believe this fix was released last night, too. So, feel free to give it a shot again :+1:

Tested, all is OK now!

That’s great news!

Excellent

I had the same warning.

Turns out I had already invited a second person to the organization. It was my wife, and I had used a different email to invite her from the one she signed up with. But I hadn’t deleted the invite, and it was still pending so it looked like I was trying to add a third person to the organization when we were using the free version.

Hi,
I’m having the same problem with slightly different circumstances. I’m trying to add another user (myself), to the vault I set up at work.

I’ve already made a successful invite about a week or so ago without issue. Now that I’ve moved my personal KeepassXC vault over to Bitwarden, I wanted to add myself to my work vault.

So I saw the suggestion about removing special characters from the organization name. Our org name does have an “&” in the name, but it already worked without a hitch for one user invite, so I don’t think this would be the issue.

Is there anything else I can do to get this working? This really threw me for a loop. I already upgraded my personal account to premium and have gone all in with Bitwarden, but this has me dead in the water.

Thanks!

i am getting this error with the online bitwarden using the enterprise version. i invite a new user which is me with a different email address. i am on the same computer and my management account logs in and out fine but this new account gets this error. i have sent invites to users on other computers and they all work fine.
when i first tried to setup this new user of me with a different email address i forgot to save the password so i deleted the entry. then recreated it. i am suspicious that deleting a new user before it is first logged into has created a partial record in the data store so i cannot use the same email address again.