Smooth import needed

I think the idea to import into a specified folder is a good one, @qsu. I did a quick search and didn’t find that anyone had suggested this previously, so definitely go ahead and create a new feature request for that, if you like.

Regarding Chrome logins, I think the problem is that Chrome will create a set of login credentials for each unique URL, which means that addresses in the same domain or hostname will get imported with multiple entries. And Chrome is not unique in this respect, hence the feature request for removing duplicates in Bitwarden.

One workaround for this is to go to your Bitwarden vault and make sure all of your existing entries are stored in an existing folder (i.e., make sure that if you click on My Vault → No Folder, there are no entries there). Since Chrome does not organize its credentials in folders, when you import your Chrome .csv file, Bitwarden will add them all to the vault but not place any of those credentials within an existing folder. If you use the Web Vault, you can then select all the entries listed under No Folder and bulk move them anywhere you like. I hope that helps!

EDIT: I should have also mentioned that if you have Microsoft Excel, you can open your CSV file that Chrome produced and use the Remove Duplicates feature (in the Data tab) to remove duplicate entries based on the columns Name and Username (or Name, Username, and Password), but you may wish to experiment with this a bit to ensure it is doing what you expect.