Session management

Most of the apps have this nice feature that you can see how many devices you are logged in and the type of the device , and i think that it might be amazing if bitwarden have it , basically you get to see in how many devices is your account active and you also get a choice to delete that session from the setting .

Iā€™m out of votes, but I like this idea.

1 Like

@kspearrin i hope is this feature get your attention.

1 Like

I would say that an extensive logging should be made visible to the end user:

• current connections

• device names (with white-listing and black listing if device is lost)

• ip addresses and geo information

• detailed loging information that show when is logged in, with what device and from where and if the login was successfull , when a password is copied, changed, viewed

• a daily/weekly report the mailbox of the user

1 Like

I think this feature is absolutely necessarily when rotating your encryption key, per the help article: rotating your accounts encryption key:

Because your accountā€™s encryption key changes, any old sessions with a Bitwarden application that you may be logged into with your account will still have the old, incorrect encryption key. If you make any changes to your accountā€™s vault data with an old encryption key, that data will become corrupted and unrecoverable. After rotating your accountā€™s encryption key it is very important that you completely log out and back in to all Bitwarden applications where you are using that account. Logging out and back in will ensure that your account has downloaded its new encryption key.

Iā€™d like to be confident that Iā€™ve logged out of all my devices but without a list of them, this is hard to do.

3 Likes

@tgreer
Should this be merged into Session management? Seems like itā€™s a duplicate. Thanks!

@bw-admin when will this crucial safety feature be available? :lock: Currently, being able to disconnect all sessions is not an optimal solution because you often only need to check which devices are connected to your account, and eventually disconnect the unrecognized one.

1 Like

Thanks @fabriziobagala this feedback has been passed along to the team.

2 Likes

I want to keep this topic alive. @bw-admin is there any news on the implementation of this feature?

Hi @fabriziobagala - thank you for confirming the continued interest in this feature. The request was passed along to the team earlier this year and everyoneā€™s patience is appreciated as they continue to balance all of the great feature requests received from the community with available resources and other priorities.

Has there been any progress or news about if they will implement this?

Just had a bunch of emails saying someone trying to log on my account and it enables captchaā€¦ would be good to see which devices that have been accepted/logged on.

Bumping this as a key necessary feature

Hello! I have been a user of bitwarden for a few years already, but just created this community forum account to mention a feature that I feel is lacking - that there is no way to see all of the devices that are logged in and also no way to invalidate each logged in devices (I understand that we can invalidate ALL logged in devices via the Bitwarden web vault).

Would this feature be in the roadmap/considered for Bitwarden?

Hi, Iā€™d like to make a request to alter an existing feature.
When deauthorizing sessions, Iā€™d like to be able to deauthorize sessions only on devices that I no longer use, or have been lost/stolen, while retaining the sessions that I need.

Question: When deauthorizing, can you then log back in on one of the deauthorized devices / sessions?

@MarkW Welcome to the forum! I moved your post into an existing feature request on the same topic.

Deauthorizing sessions just logs the devices out (and resets the option to waive 2FA, if you had enabled this using the ā€œRemember meā€ option when logging in previously). You can log back in by providing your username, master password, and 2FA (if configured).

The roadmap was recently updated to include user session management under research, which will include the ability to deauthorize specific devices rather than having to deauthorize all devices. This will also support SSO onboarding improvements as well as the feature, SSO with trusted devices, if any of you are looking into this for your organization.

Will update this thread once the team has started development!

1 Like