Is there a list somewhere that explains what you do or do not get with self-hosted paid or free?
Based on what I am reading you can self-host for free or self-host and pay for more feature. I cannot tell what features I get if I pay with self-hosting.
Which one will let me have multiple accounts (like for my wife, brother, parents, friends, etc…) with sharing between them and all that?
https://bitwarden.com/ explains the different paid features that are available. The only difference with the self-hosted option is that the free organization plan is not available.
I checked that but could not completely understand.
- Self-hosted is not listed in the Personal Premium box or the Organization Business boxes – does that mean they can’t be self-hosted either?
- If I want more than 5 accounts, what self-hosting option do I have?
- How does the 1 GB file storage limit work with self-hosted? Is it still imposed?
- Does TOTP work with self-hosting?
- Can I start with self-hosted Personal Free and then upgrade to Organization Families? Will I get file storage and TOTP if I self-host Personal Free?
I am so sorry. You are right – the information is right there, clear as day.
For the 5th one, can I start with the Personal Free self-hosting and then move to one of the paid organization ones? Or would I have to create a new account? What about the Personal Free not self-hosted and then move to paid self-hosted organization?
You can start with a free personal user account and no organization, and then create an organization later if you need one.
Thank you! I’m so happy I found this product. It looks like exactly what I want. Gonna give it a spin and if it works will probably do the enterprise so I can get my entire family. Thanks again!