Requirements after de-authorisation

Having just had my computer and back up disks stolen, I want to log out of Bitwarden on all devices which I understand I can do by selecting “de-authorise”. In order to log back in to Bitwarden on each device after doing this, what information will I need? Just my email address, master password and two factor authorisation? or is there anything else I need to make sure I know before I sign out on all devices? I’m a bit freaked out by the action being categorised as “Beware! This cannot be undone”. Thanks for your help.

@gnilias Welcome to the forum!

That is all you need. However, it is always a good idea to make a vault backup before making any changes to your account, which you can do from within the Web Vault (vault.bitwarden.com or .eu) by going to Tools > Export Vault, and specifying “.json (Encrypted)” and the format, then specifying “Password Protected” (not “Account Restricted”) as the Export Type.

Also, to be extra sure, in case there is any issue with your 2-factor authorization method, you should get a copy of your Two-Step Login Recovery Code before proceeding with de-authorization.

Good luck!

1 Like