Require automatic filling based on page context

Need web context based autofill
Problem: Some pages already match and are login pages, but the login username and password are in different locations (they are toggled with a button slide, just like Microsoft account login.) Bitwarden does not auto-populate the username, but does auto-populate the password in the password input box.

Solution: Add an additional feature to URL matching that uses selectors such as xPath, CSS selector, Jsoup, etc. to find the input box and automatically populate the username when both the input box and URL match. This is very powerful for browser padding.

Hi @gloryangel and welcome to the Community!

I don’t fully understand the issue, but can Linked Custom Fields solve the same problem?

@gloryangel Can you provide an example of where this doesn’t work? You mentioned the Microsoft account login (login.microsoftonline.com), but I am able to auto-fill the username on that page without problems.

This is the source code of the login page of DSM7.0 (Synology NAS), which is what cannot be populated on it. Its login form is very much like Microsoft’s, so that’s why the Microsoft-like login page is used to illustrate it. The attached files are the source code before and after login respectively, the red marked in the picture is the next button after entering the username. Sorry I don’t know how to jump between the two pages. But it’s just a partial update of the page.
Attachment Download:https://wwrm.lanzoub.com/iWf9z0oki0qj

Auto-population based on the URL + password input box element is powerful, but it is not effective for pages that only need to be populated with a username, but do not have a password input box. So you need to determine where to autofill the username based on URL+selector.

Having trouble downloading these, and I won’t need to full source code anyway. Could you please use the “Inspect” tool to bring up the code relevant to the username field, take a screenshot, and post that here? To post a screenshot, just copy and paste into into the forum’s editor window, or use the “upload” icon in the editor’s menu bar (which looks like a small picture frame :framed_picture:).