Remove the limit on the number of registered WebAuthn authenticators

Allow users to register more than 5 WebAuthn authenticators.

As for now we can add Platform authenticators (Windows Hello, Touch ID, etc.) to Bitwarden, if the user has multiple physical authenticators plus multiple devices, the 5 WebAuthn slots will be used up quickly, so it is time to set the device limit of WebAuthn to unlimited.

1 Like

I total agree I don’t really see the point in have a limit on the amount of webauthin authenticators that we can use

2 Likes

Checking back again. can we not just increment the number from 5 to 10? Why don’t you look at it this way → the complexity to make this fix is low, and you make customers happy? Again I pay can you do this? I’d like to use my mac … itouch, ipad faceid, linux and my windows computer fingerprint and yubiekey. They all have different 2fa mechanism built in. i’m a dev with a ton of computers. It’s a still limitation by my view. I can’t fathom why we limit it to 5. Who these days doesn’t have a different computer in each room :wink:

The first post perfectly captures the issue.

Another thing i can offer, i 'm recalling this is open source which is why i signed up for bitwarden originally. I wonder if i push a pr if you’d approve it? What’d i’d love to do is make this like a user driven setting.

1 Like

I think this is getting quite important especially as Windows Hello / Fingerprints / TPMs are all valid WebAuthn keys nowadays.

Personally, I have set up 2 physical FIDO2 token, a mobile phone, a desktop and a laptop. This firmly takes up all 5 slots available, and I’d be in an awkward situation if I got another phone or computer.

2 Likes