Record deletion should prompt with the name of the record being deleted

Feature name

• Better prompts before delete

Feature function

• Currently, when you delete a record in BW, iit prompts for confirm by saying “Do you really want to send to the trash?”. I am suggesting that the process be changed so that the prompt reads: “Do you really want to send site name to trash?”
  • The benefit will be that when you’e deleting a record, you will get a prompt that names the record you’re deleting, in case you happened to misclick.
  • Web Interface and Browser Plug-Ins will both be affected.

Related topics + references

• Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful?
    Yes, when you delete a record from LastPass, it prompts you with the site name you’re deleting.

I’m in process of shutting down LastPass and moving to BW, and had to delete a bunch of duplicates, which is what prompted this request.

2 Likes

Am I the only once that thinks this is important?

1 Like

Hey @lucasjkr welcome to the forum! Give the feature request some time for community discussion :+1: sometimes it takes a little time.

1 Like

@lucasjkr I believe this is a good idea as well. It adds clarity to a destructive command.

I support this, too. I had to pause a few times recently as well when cleaning up accounts and deleted items from my vault. It seems a straightforward change to make and would help to ensure that nothing gets deleted accidentally.

1 Like

Feature name

• Providing more clear item deletion notification when trying to delete an item from the Vault view.

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently? This will help users have a higher level of confidence in items that we want to delete when trying to delete from vault view.

Right now, if I click on an item’s three vertical dots in the Vault Items UI then click delete, I receive a message that says “Delete item. Do you really want to send to the trash?”

What item? Did I click on the item that I thought I clicked on? What if I’m working in a browser and my mouse resolution has gone slightly off and I didn’t click on the item that I thought I clicked on? Having more concrete verification here would raise my confidence that I’m performing the action that I think I’m performing.

• What benefits will this feature bring? Better UI = Better UX = higher user confidence when editing the vault.
  • Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected.
1 Like

I just came here to suggest this same thing. If you are simply deleting one item (not using the bulk checkbox method) you get a generic pop-up that says “should I delete this item” and then you second guess if you clicked on the right entry, say no and try again after convincing yourself it is the right one :wink:

This is basic stuff from a UI perspective, we know the target, share it. At least it goes to the trashbin for 30 days and can be recovered, so that is a good thing.

1 Like