Question from new user

Totally unrelated:I’ve started using bitwarden very recently, and I wanted some help with a certain feature, but when I go to ask a question, the “Create a New Topic” tab is greyed out.Any help?

@RockRida317 Welcome to the forum!

I don’t know why the button was grayed out for you, but I moved your post into its own topic. I can change the title to something more descriptive once I find out what you wanted to ask about.

Yeah ok, thank you so much.I actually wanted to know if there was a feature where it asks you to put your biometrics for every password, like how its in the microsoft password manager.I know there’s a feature to lock vault immediately.I know there’s a feature called lock vault immediately, but then i have to go through the whole process or opening the desktop app and then tapping unlock again, and then entering biometrics

No, there is no such feature, but you can vote/comment in the relevant feature request thread (“Adding Biometric/PIN authentication with Master password re-prompt”).

Could you provide some more detail about your set-up? What type of device and operating system is this on, and are you doing all of the above (locking, tapping unlock, entering biometrics) in the Bitwarden Desktop App?

Is there a reason that you prefer the desktop app over the Bitwarden browser extensions and mobile apps (both of which are more commonly used than the desktop app)?

Yeah, I’m on Windows.Basically, I login using windows hello, and for that to work even the browser extension resorts to the desktop app.So first I have to open the desktop app, login there, and only then will biometrics work on the extension

OK, but you don’t have to go through that process every time that you want to get a password out of your vault, do you? Or is your Vault Timeout Action still set to “Log out”?

No I’ve set it to browser restart because occassionally other people use this laptop and I dont want all passwords to be suddenly visible.I would love if they could implement a feature where you put your biometrics for every password

“On browser restart” is one of the options for the vault timeout delay period, but I was asking about your setting for the vault timeout action. The options are either “Lock” or “Logout”. You should set the vault timeout action to “Lock”, and set the vault timeout delay to a short time interval (e.g., 1–15 min). Then leave the Desktop app and browser running all day; the Desktop app can be configured to run in the background (minimized to the system tray).

As long as your vault is locked, no one using your computer can see your passwords.

Oh ok thanks, will try